Monitoring train operation, track status for preventing accidents on the railways, as well as providing real-time information to passengers on the stations and inside carriages has become of great importance today. And as video has upgraded from analog CCTV to megapixel video imaging, system integrating companies are looking for high-bandwidth solutions which can ensure efficient live surveillance of the large scale applications while satisfying passengers’ needs of high quality and valuable data.
Moreover, to resist the severe industrial challenges on the railways, these solutions should be highly robust. Addressing the main concerns for security at the railway system, the system integrating company in Europe installed large number of megapixel cameras, LCD or LED information displays on the stations together with Korenix JetNet 6910G-M12 HVDC ruggedized high power PoE switches to provide a reliable surveillance network. Each switch was able to deliver 30W power to up to 8 high power PoE enabled devices, such as IP cameras, multimedia displays through its PoE ports, while simultaneously collecting the captured video streams and other data, as a result greatly saving installation and cabling costs.
To extend the captured videos from the PoE switch to the JetNet 5428G rackmount switch in the control room and transfer train schedules, administration announcements, advertisement and emergency evacuation alert messages back to the station LED/LCD displays, the uplink gigabit fiber SFP ports of the switches were used for data extension over fiber. And as both switch models supported Korenix Multiple Super Ring redundancy protocol, the railway operator was able to form a fiber ring for transferring the real-time data with no loss or system collision.
A single JetNet 5428G has been chosen for installation at the control center for its high-port density interface design, which helped connect to the switches located at different platforms of the rail station.
Last but not least, the JetNet 6910G switches, compliant with the Railway EMC requirements of the EN 50121-4 standard and with -40~75°C wide operating temperature range, were able to resist to severe conditions, such as vibration and shock on the tracksides, temperature changes, insulation and lightning in open and close platforms, and as a result, provide stable operation.
Why Korenix JetNet 6910G-M12 HVDC
• 8 10/100 Base TX PoE and 2 Gigabit uplink ports
• Solid M12 D-coded connectors to protect from vibration applications such as PoE in Tram, Rail, or Highway
• 8 PoE ports support IEEE 802.3af / 802.3at standards with 100W total power budget
• Built-in Isolated 24V to 57V DC PoE Booster for vehicle use / 110VDC input
• 5.6Gbps switch Fabric, 8K MAC address
• All ports support Korenix patented RSR with 5ms recovery time, and MSR for up to 4 x 100M Rings plus 1 Gigabit Ring
• IEEE 802.1AB LLDP and optional Korenix NMS software for auto-topology and group management
• Tag VLAN for multiple VLAN traffic isolation and QinQ for private VLAN
• LACP port trunk for bandwidth aggregation in video surveillance
• Auto Power Budget Control with Thermal Detection
• Alarm Relay output for port event
• AC 1.2KV Hi-Pot Isolation Protection for ports and power
• EN50155 Railway Standard certificate
• EN 50121-4 EMC certification for railway installations
• -40~70°C wide operating temperature
Why Korenix JetNet 5428G
• 4 Giga SFP combo ports for long distance high-speed data transmission
• Korenix patented MSR, with fiber Gigabit rings provides reliable and high-performance connectivity
• LLDP and Korenix NMS provide auto topology visualization and efficient network management