Due to the rapid technical advancement in the field of electronics, the increasing complexity of manufacturing processes, the need for tighter process control as well as the cost-efficiency, a higher level of factory automation is becoming more prevalent today.
To keep its competitive advantages in the market, a Tire Factory in China has also worked on improving its factory automation system by integrating HMI, SCADA and other data acquisition systems, which normally require Modbus Gateways for data communication at different subsystems and stations of the factory. The biggest challenge though for the system integrator has been finding devices with conformal coating that will be able to resist the environmental conditions, such as high moisture, corrosion of sulfide, wide voltage and temperature ranges...
Korenix has won the project by offering a complete solution that ensures effective operation of tire factory’s assets. Using their multiple interfaces (LAN, DIO, serial ports), the JetBox 5630 compact computers were installed in small spaces in factory fields to collect data from various networking equipment, PLCs, signal and digital controlling devices, saving physical media costs. Working as Modbus RTU to Modbus TCP gateways, they efficiently communicated data from the stations to the upper level.
The JetNet 5210G switches have been chosen for their fiber ports, which allowed communicating and extending data between different facility subsystems (TBM Process, Steam control station, Power station…..) that are located in wide areas. Due to their conformal coating design users were able to prevent moisture and corrosion in the factories, while the wide operating temperature ranges made the switches suitable to resist the extreme temperature ranges available in factory floors.
Why Korenix JeNet 6528Gf
• IEEE 1588v2 PTP with HW time stamping
• EEE Energy saving
• Friendly Device and Auto Network Topology utility
• Isolated redundant power inputs with universal 24/48VDC power or AC/HDC power
• Compliance with EN50121-4, IEEE1613, and IEC61850-3
• -40 to 75°C operating temperature, fanles
Why Korenix JeNet 5210G
• SFP ports support 100/1000 Mbps with Digital Diagnostic Monitoring (DDM) to monitor fiber quality
• Network Redundancy – MSR (Multiple Super Ring),ITU-T G.8032 ERPS, RSTP, MSTP, Super Chain, ERPS V2
• Fully Device Management – SNMP v1/v2c/v3, RMON, Web UI, Telnet and Local Console
• Friendly Device and Network Topology recovery utility – Korenix View, Korenix NMS
• Layer 2 Network Performance – IEEE802.1Q VLAN, Private VLAN, Trunk, Packet Filtering, DHCP Server/Client, Traffic Prioritize, Rate Control
Why Korenix JetBox 5630Gf-w
• TI AM3352 720MHz with HW engine to enhance VPN performance: OpenVPN, IPsec VPN, NAT
• Complete Layer 3 routing support: Static, OSPF, RIP
• Full managed features with QoS, VLAN
• 3 port Gigabit LAN + 1 port Gigabit RJ/SFP combo WAN
• 1 port RS232/422/485 for serial device control